Our Resource Centre is a safe and warm environment where Thrive clients interact, seek out supports, and access our computers or phone. Clients accessing the TRC are actively involved in other programs and services at Thrive, including our volunteer or work experience programs.
Pat, our registered nurse is expanding more of her role and programs thanks to a grant from Healthy Together Now, we will be offering her wildly popular ‘PICKY EATERS’ workshop in a 4 week class starting March 15th! We are also thrilled to be partnering with Vitamin Angels to provide FREE prenatal vitamins and supplements to our expectant Moms!
TRC SCHEDULE 2017 Please Print
The TRC is located at 555 Spence Street. We can support our registered clients with classes, job search assistance, baby supplies and layettes, and occasional basic needs food supplies.
- Layette service
- Health & nutrition
- Basic needs supplies (appt. only)
- Men groups
- Computer use for educational and work purposes
- Local phone and fax access
- Printing and copying for a limited fee
- Referrals and resources for other community services
- Beverages and light snacks (as available)
- Parenting and Family Classes (Clickhere for class times)
- Prenatal and Baby & Me Classes (Click here for class times)
- A variety of workshop and information sessions
- Tuesdays 1:00-4:00
- Wednesdays 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00
- Thursdays 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00.
- Closed daily from 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- The centre is closed Mondays, Tuesday mornings, and Fridays.
- We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and all Holidays.
We currently no longer have the ’emergency food’ program. We do not have the capacity to accommodate on emergency basis anymore. We have a ‘basic needs supplies’ program for families who are engaged in programming or school here or at other social service agencies and educational institutions.”
THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW
100 % of all donations goes directly into Thrive’s programs, workshops, parent classes, layettes, educational field-trips, community dinners, transportation for community members, telephone & computer assess, therapy, children activities, support groups, along with health & nutrition.
Here is a little break down:
- $10 pays * 2 baby wipes packages
- $20 pays* 3.5 containers of baby formula
- $30 pays* 2.5 clothing sets
- $40 pays for crafts for 2 sessions*children’s activities
- $50 pays* 1 box of diapers
- $60 pays *food for 3 parenting classes
- $70 pays for gas to transport community members or pick up donations
- $80 pays for 1.5 months of computer usage by participants looking for jobs, housing, doctors, research, information and much more.
- $90 pays for 40 bus tokens for community members to get to Thrive from home to participant in programs
- $100 pays for 9 hygiene items times 3 plus taxes; 1. deodorant, 2. soap, 3. toothbrush, 4. toothpaste, 5. kleenex, 6. shampoo, 7. conditioner,8. brush, 9. toilet paper….don’t forget the tax.
$550 TOTAL = What do you think?… is that too much to ask for, to support women and men and children in need???
If 55 people donated $10 each month just imagine what we could do!!!